Close

Cheney School

Cheney School

Business

head of humanities and business Faculty - Miss J Gleen - jgl@cheney.oxon.sch.uk

Miss Gleen Head of Department

Ms S O’Keefe
Mr Buchanan

Business studies give students the opportunity to explore the nature and progress of businesses in a dynamic, changing and competitive environment.

Key Stage 4 GCSE in Business Studies

Students learn about how small businesses are developed and discover how businesses promote themselves and keep their customers happy.
They also learn how businesses manage both their finances and the people who work for them. Students take a critical approach to business to develop skills and understanding required such as business communication and the ethics of sustainability of business.
Studying business encourages students to be inspired, moved and challenged and prepares them to make informed decisions about further learning opportunities and career choices.

Students are assessed on 3 units; two examinations (unit 1 and 3) worth 75% of the GCSE, and the remaining 25% by a controlled assessment (unit 2) based on the skills and knowledge acquired for the first exam.

Unit 1: Introduction to Small Business (25%)
Unit 2: Investigating Small Businesses (25%)
Unit 3: Building a Business (50%)

NB - Business Studies will not be available as an option to current Year 8 students from September 2017