WHO ARE WE?
Cheney Friends is open to all parents/carers and staff of Cheney School.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Cheney Friends helps the school to keep in touch with parents, runs social events and raises money for the school. We seek ways to maintain a clear channel of communication between parents and the school.
FUNDRAISING AND SOCIAL EVENTS
- We have raised money to buy items for the school, from a grand piano to cooking equipment. Our last big fundraising drive was to update the assembly hall sound system - this was achieved and the new equipment was installed in April 2015.
- We provide refreshments at school concerts and other school events.
- We organise events such as the popular Question Time Debate.
HELP US TO HELP THE SCHOOL
You can also help raise funds for the school for FREE, simply by doing your usual online shopping - click here to find out how using Easyfundraising.
The Charities Aid Foundation and Easyfundraising sites are both under our legal name: Cheney School Association.
We support events led by teachers/Senior Leadership team to inform parents about different aspects of the school and their child’s education:
- Welcome evening for new parents
- Presentations by staff on their subject areas
- Other aspects of interest to parents e.g. homework & uniform
We join with the school to support and encourage students, including:
- Annual Quiz Night
- Linking with Cheney Falcon Rowing Club
- Supporting events such as the Year 11 Prom & Year 7 disco
COME AND JOIN US
Next meeting: Wednesday 26 September at 7.15pm in the library
Our meetings are usually held once every term, with an AGM in the Autumn (Oct/Nov) and we are always pleased to see new faces and have fresh ideas.
Join our discussion and information group at: email@example.com
We have attached a copy of the minutes of our recent meetings below, so you can find out a little more about what the Cheney Friends do.