A LEVEL ENGLISH LITERATURE
English Literature is a highly popular A Level subject, that has experienced exceptional results over a number of years, both at AS and A2. Student enjoyment of the subject has always been high and many students go on to study English at university.
A LEVEL MEDIA STUDIES
Students follow the OCR course in Media Studies, which is a creative, hands-on curriculum. Topics covered include advertising, film and broadcast fiction, documentary, representation, genre and international media institutions. There is a strong practical element, with students creating short films, movie trailers, advertising campaigns and more.
We aim to promote a culture of independent learning in the department, and feel that this is particularly important at KS5. We ask that the students take responsibility for their learning and find interest in their studies
We support students towards this through:
- regular assessment that outlines routes for improvement
- the use of exemplar material
- equipping students with a close working knowledge of the assessment criteria
- regular exam practice
- student feedback so that we can improve and adapt our courses to suit them
- Sixth Form Wider Reading and Discovery Lists for A Level English