|Director of Mathematics||Mrs Garside|
|Acting Head of Mathematics||Mr Palmer|
|Key Stage 5 Coordinator||Mr Flanders|
The Mathematics department vision is based on the principle that all students have the ability to "do" Mathematics by catering for the individual needs of all. This informs our practice and underpins our approach to teaching and learning.
As a department we are committed to improving our methods of teaching and assessing Mathematics in order to improve the quality of our students' mathematical experiences and learning.
The Mathematics teachers at Cheney School aim to:
- To encourage students to enjoy Mathematics and to develop positive attitudes towards it.
- To encourage students to master mathematical skills and to become confident in their ability to deal with Mathematics both inside and outside the classroom.
- To enable students to take part in a variety of mathematical activities.
- To enable students to develop some understanding and appreciation of the beauty and structure of Mathematics.
- To encourage students to develop autonomy and powers of self-evaluation.
- To encourage students to work co-operatively.
- To encourage students to read, write and talk about Mathematics.