MATHEMATICS – SENIOR TEACHING ASSISTANT
Permanent, part time
Cheney School is a popular, high performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn. The success as a single Academy Trust has led Cheney School to expand into a Multi Academy Trust.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible a Senior Teaching Assistant for Mathematics to support students in the classroom, to lead Mathematics interventions and occasionally provide cover in case of teacher absence. You will also have the opportunity to lead a tutor group of students.
We are looking for a person who is:
- enthusiastic and has good communication skills
- able to work flexibly and as part of a team, building relationships with students and staff
- able to demonstrate initiative and be sensitive to the needs of children
- to occasionally undertake the role and duties of a tutor to a tutor group
Candidates must have minimum of GCSE English and Maths grades A*-C.
We can offer you
- The chance to pursue a specialism within the Learning Support field
- 22.2 hours per week, term time plus 1 INSET day
- Salary – Grade 6: actual salary £9,551.16 – 9,989.57
- Gym and canteen onsite
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to find out more, please contact Mr Steve Palmer, Head of Mathematics, at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from below this advert.
In addition to your application form, please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to email@example.com
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Monday 20 February 2017. Provisional interview date: 23 February onwards.