WHO ARE WE?
We are the Cheney School ‘Parent-Teacher Association (PTA)’ – open to all parents/carers and staff of Cheney School.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Cheney Friends helps the school to keep in touch with parents, runs social events and raises money for the school.
- Our fundraising has bought: a grand piano, new sound system for the assembly hall, cooking equipment, library furniture, rowing blades for Cheney Falcon Rowing Club …
- We have also donated to activities such as the Year 11 Prom, Cowley Road carnival team …
- We provide refreshments at school shows and other events, such as the parent/staff cricket match.
- We have organised events at school such as Quiz Nights and pre-election Hustings.
We support events led by staff to engage with parents about different aspects of the school and their child’s education:
- Welcome evenings for new parents
- Presentations by staff on their subject areas
- and other aspects of interest to parents, e.g. homework & uniform
HELP US TO HELP THE SCHOOL
You can raise funds for the school for FREE, simply by doing your usual online shopping - click here to find out how using Easyfundraising!
We also have a Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) site, for direct donations:
COME AND JOIN US
Our meetings are held once every full term, with an AGM in November, and we are always keen to see new faces and have fresh ideas.
The date of our next meeting is will be publicised in our parent newsletter and social media. We usually meet in the library.
Join our discussion and information group at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have attached the minutes of our recent meetings below, so you can find out more about what Cheney Friends do.