Summer 2019 Sixth Form admissions timeline
June 24 - Freshers’ Day
See the PowerPoint presentation here.
Preparing for Results Day
Check the courses you applied for against the entry requirements and blocks following the links below
August 22 Results Day and 23 August - final decisions
Confirm your choices in person or if you really can't come in, email to email@example.com.
If you would like to talk to someone from the Sixth Form Team we will have appointments on both days. Come in to make an appointment if you have the minimum entry requirements of at least 5 GCSE’s grade 4 and above including Maths and English Literature or Language and:
- You have changed your mind about your courses
- You have not made entry requirements for some courses and need to change
- You have done better than you thought you would and want to change or apply
- You are an external student
External Students – If you are joining us from another school please complete this Admission Agreement prior to your appointment.
Prepare for your first day
- Complete your Summer Bridging Work which can be found here
- Plan for the dress code
- Find ring binders and equipment for each subject
- Read the independent out-of-lesson study guidance here
- Sign up for the Pre-University Skills course on Futurelearn, a six-week, certified UEA course
- Download, save and read the specs for each of your subjects here
Monday 2 September - First day of term
Friday 13 September - Bridging Work final deadline
Apply to Cheney Sixth Form
Applications to Cheney School Sixth Form for a September 2019 start are now closed. If you would like to place a late application please complete the application form below.
If you have any questions about our application process, please contact the Sixth Form Office, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Week Commencing Monday 5 November - Year 11 English and Maths mock exams
- Thursday 22 November - Sixth Form Open Evening - internal and external applicants welcomed
- Thursday 22 November - Applications to Cheney Sixth Form Opens
- Week Commencing Monday 26 November - Year 11 mock exams in other subject areas
- January 2018 - Mock exam results published
- Thursday 17 January - Year 11 subject roadshow during Year 11 Parents Evening - internal applicants
- Friday 15 February - Applications close to internal and external applicants
- 4 March - 5 April - Sixth Form interviews take place
- 23 April - Offer letters sent
If a student would like to change their application once the closing date has passed, they can do so during their interview in March/April.
To join Cheney Sixth Form, you must achieve at least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 and above including Maths and English Literature or Language. You must also gain the individual entry requirements for your chosen options.
To see entry requirements for individual subjects, please see the document below.