In 2014, Cheney managed to gain the Gold Standard for Young Carers Care in Oxfordshire.
Did you know that you might be a Young Carer if you are doing or experiencing some of the following?
- Practical tasks, such as cooking, housework and shopping.
- Physical care, such as helping someone out of bed.
- Emotional support, such as talking to someone who is distressed.
- Personal care, such as helping someone dress.
- Managing the family budget and collecting prescriptions.
- Helping to give medicine.
- Helping someone communicate.
- Looking after brothers and sisters.
- New baby in the family.
Young Carers often find it difficult to meet their potential in school. Please talk to your Pastoral Leader to find out how we can help you.
Over the years we have built a wide range of contacts who help out Cheney Young Carers.
- Parasol Project
- First Story writers festival
- Pegasus Theatre
- Cirden Sailing Trust
- The University of Oxford
- Oxford Brookes University
- Knowledge Exchange and Impact Team, University of Oxford