Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. You can read the outcome of our recent Ofsted inspection here: Ofsted Report and a welcome message from our Headteacher here: Head's Welcome
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities.
We are seeking to appoint an Attendance Engagement Officer to join our friendly, professional and supportive team. You will support the school by ensuring that student absence is monitored and procedures are followed to promote good attendance and positive attitudes.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated individual to:
- assist in promoting high levels of attendance and punctuality by students and to maintain the relevant records relating to these areas
- monitor student attendance using the school’s Management Information System
- be responsible for ensuring reasons for absence are chased and logged on the school’s MIS
- participate in school and local initiatives regarding matters of attendance
- provide support to colleagues in attending meetings held with parents/carers and other professionals in relation to attendance and punctuality issues and to take notes and to provide follow-up administration
- have a clear and consistent approach to monitoring and reporting attendance
- make home visits as needed to support students and families in making improvements in attendance
- be responsible for ensuring letters and phone calls are made in a timely fashion in order to keep on top of attendance issues
- build relationships with students, parents and relevant professionals to support and encourage attendance
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Richard Hawkswood, Attendance Manager on: RHW@cheneyschool.org
The post is for 37 hours per week, term-time only plus 2 INSET days. It attracts a Grade 7 (Points 13 to 17) with a pro rata salary of £19,635 - £21,253 per annum (depending on experience).
How to Apply:
Only applications completed on the TES application form will be accepted: TES listing
Please note: to ensure we conduct a fair shortlisting process we are no longer providing any personal information, including the names and gender of applicants, to short-listing panels.
If you have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.
Closing date: Wednesday, 25 May 2022 at 8:00 a.m.