The schools making up the Community Schools Alliance Trust are popular schools which provide great opportunities for their students. We are interested in recruiting staff who are passionate about supporting our students to thrive and achieve their very best in line with our Trust Vision ‘improving every learner’s life chances’.
The Trust currently comprises of Bayards Hill, a popular primary school, and Cheney School, a large successful secondary school. We are in the process of taking on additional schools and are a Trust that recognises the individual needs and ethos of the schools we support.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide-ranging training and development opportunities, including supporting employees with post-graduate studies to attain a professional qualification.
We are looking for a clerk to provide administrative and advisory support on governance matters to our Trustees and School Governors.
The role, which forms part of the growth of the Trust, would involve:
- Providing administrative support and co-ordination relating to governance matters to the Board of Trustees, Trustee Committees and School Governing Bodies;
- Arranging meetings, liaising with the headteachers of the schools, the chairs of the Trust Committees and the School Governing Boards regarding the preparation of agendas and the synchronising of meetings over the academic year and across the Trust;
- Taking accurate minutes at the meetings, sharing minutes for approval, and maintaining an accurate archive of documentation required for compliance purposes;
- Monitoring progress of actions agreed at meetings and holding those tasked with particular actions to account to ensure they are adhered to within the agreed timeframes;
- Providing support to Trustees and School Governors with guidance on correct procedures and regulations and act as first point of contact on, as well as hold overall responsibility for governance matters;
- Advise Trustees and School Governors on new policies that are required and dates for review of existing policies, including bringing model/draft policies to their attention.
Visits to the school prior to interview are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit or if you would like more information about the role, please contact Lisa Adams, HR Administrator, on: LAD@cheney.oxon.sch.uk
The role is for 18.5 hours per week, term-time only plus one day. It attracts a Grade 9 (Points 23 to 26) with a pro rata salary of £11,523.36 - £12,648.85 per annum (depending on experience).
The position comes with membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
How to Apply:
Please download the application form available below and email it to: email@example.com
CSAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.
Closing date: Tuesday, 24th September, at 8:00 a.m.
Interviews: W/c Monday, 23rd September