Community Schools Alliance Trust
Salary range: £45,591 - £48,526
We are seeking to recruit a new Head of Finance to play a strategic role and lead, develop and manage our professional financial and accounting services across the Multi-Academy Trust. This is a role that has been developed in order to streamline all financial aspects of the organisation and drive forward efficient financial planning and management across the Trust. This is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone with a background in finance and a passion for the education sector who is ready for a fresh challenge.
We are mindful of the competing demands people face in their lives and are happy to consider part-time applications.
There is a strong collaborative and collegiate working model within the Trust and the schools which form part of it each enjoy the benefits of mutual support for professional development.
We welcome applications from a driven and experienced finance professional to support the growth of the Trust and provide advice and financial support to the schools that form part of it.
The Key Tasks making up the role are:
- To provide leadership and professional financial management for the Trust.
- Deliver comprehensive financial planning, ensure robust financial systems and controls to safeguard finances, and ensure efficiency and value for money.
- Manage and develop the central finance services across the Trust.
- Ensure compliance with Charity regulations, Education and Skills Funding Agency Financial Handbook, School Funding Agreement and Trust Financial Procedures.
- Play a key role in the governance, development and implementation of Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) strategies and projects, including supporting the growth of the Trust.
The Key Requirements are:
- Qualifications in finance.
- Significant management experience of all finance functions.
- Ability to think strategically and deliver operational excellence.
- Ability to communicate financial terms to non-financial specialists and explain complex financial concepts to non-financial stakeholders.
- An effective team player, who values collaboration and working with others.
- Knowledge of charitable accounting regulations (SORPs).
A feature of CSAT is the commitment we have made to enable schools to grow their distinct identities. Within the Trust a common feature is that our staff are very dedicated to teaching and learning and ensuring that students be their very best.
More information can be found in the Job Description and the Personal Specification which are available below. If you have any questions, please contact: Shane Carter, Head of Finance, on: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01865 755 220
How to Apply:
Please download the application form available below and email it to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday, 29 April, at 12pm
CSAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.