Welcome to all Year 6 Students (and their Parents & Carers) soon to be joining the school.
Here at Cheney School, we have designed a thorough Transition programme for all new students, in order to make their start at Cheney as smooth as possible. Lots of the students joining us will have already had an opportunity to visit the school already, as part of the many events we invite primary students from our local community to.
We regularly update this page with our planned Transition events, and include all the information students and parents need to know when starting here. We also have a list of frequently asked questions which you can read below.
As a school, we are deeply committed to encouraging independent inquiry and learning; we also specialise in archaeology and the classical world. We are the only state school in the country to have our own museum which is part of the Arts Council Accreditation Scheme, and we are working to embed learning about objects from the past across our curriculum.
- To find out more about our uniform requirements, including how to order our school blazer, click here.
- If you would like to visit the school, please call on 01865 765 726 or fill in our web contact us form
- We will hold a transition evening for new families on Wednesday 4 July which will present an opportunity to meet members of Leadership, tutors and ask any questions you may have.
- Transition days for students will be on 5 and 6 July and give students the opportunity to experience 'A day in the life of Cheney School'
- We will have a new school day starting in September 2018:
|Transition between lessons||8.55-9.00am|
|Transition between lessons||11.30-11.35am|
|Transition between lessons||2.05-2.10pm|