Reports from Thames Valley Police and some local schools indicate a rise in bullying incidents in Oxfordshire as many young people are using digital platforms not just for their own personal use but for learning too. For more information:
- Oxfordshire Schools’ Internet Safety and Cyberbullying Webpage – Guidance and resources to help you tackle cyberbullying and promote e-safety
- Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit Webpages - Cyberbullying Advice for Parents/Carers and Young People from Thames Valley Police
At Cheney School we aim to maintain an atmosphere where all students are considerate of the person and property of others, and to ensure that, should bullying occur in any form, firm and immediate action will be taken.
We work to ensure that:
- A high profile is given at all times to safeguarding students from all forms of intimidation or infringement of personal development
- Staff, students and parents are encouraged to be vigilant and are advised how to identify and deal with bullying. Instances will be reported promptly and accurately.
- Students who feel that they are being intimidated are encouraged to seek early assistance from appropriate members of the school community.
- Sanctions, from the full range of the school's disciplinary procedures, are used to deal with bullying.
- Parents of both victim and bully are informed of incidents when appropriate.