WHO ARE WE?
We are Cheney School’s Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) – open to all parents, carers and staff of Cheney School.
Cheney Friends, also known as Cheney School Association, is a Registered Charity, no. 294396.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Cheney Friends helps the school and parents/carers to stay in touch with one another, runs social events and raises money for the school.
- We provide a forum for discussion between staff and parents/carers on various subjects concerning the school, education and other topics of interest to Cheney families, such as environmental issues.
- We organise events such as Quiz Nights, Welcome Evenings for new parents, presentations by school staff and visiting speakers.
- We provide refreshments at music shows, drama performances and other school events.
- We run second-hand uniform sales, encouraging the reuse of good quality uniform and raising funds for the school at the same time.
- Our fundraising has bought: a grand piano, a new sound system for the Assembly Hall, a wood-turning lathe, books for the Library’s Book Canon, rowing blades for Cheney Falcon Rowing Club, an outdoor water-refill station – and much more!
- Thank you to Oxfordshire Community Foundation for its generous grant of £5,000 towards the purchase of over 30 laptops, needed for remote learning.
- Thank you to Waitrose (Headington store) for its donation of £333, which helped to buy an extra fridge for Food Technology. Also for donating a large number of drinking glasses, for use at school events.
HELP US TO HELP THE SCHOOL
In addition to our fundraising events and activities, there are a number of ways our community can support the school financially, either directly or indirectly.
CAF Direct Donations (with Gift Aid option)
To make a direct donation to our Library Appeal, with the option to Gift Aid, visit our Cheney Friends Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) Library appeal page.
To make a direct donation to our Music and Drama appeal, with the option to Gift Aid, visit our Cheney Friends Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) Music and Drama appeal page.
Did you know that with Easyfundraising ,you can raise money for Cheney Friends by simply doing your usual online shopping, at no extra cost to you! Shop with any of the retailers listed on easyfundraising.org.uk, where we are listed as: "Cheney School Association - Oxford, Headington", and a percentage of what you spend is passed to Cheney Friends.
COME AND JOIN US
Our meetings are held once every full term, with an AGM in November, and we are always keen to see new faces (even virtually) and have fresh ideas.
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We have attached the minutes of our recent meetings below, so you can find out more about what Cheney Friends do.