WHO ARE WE?
We are Cheney School’s Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) – open to all parents, carers and staff of Cheney School.
Cheney Friends, also known as Cheney School Association, is a Registered Charity, no. 294396.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Cheney Friends helps the school and parents/carers to stay in touch with one another, runs social events and raises money for the school.
- We provide a forum for discussion between staff and parents/carers on various subjects concerning the school, education and other topics of interest to Cheney families, such as environmental issues.
- We run a second hand school uniform shop
- We organise events such as Quiz Nights, Welcome Evenings for new parents, presentations by school staff and visiting speakers.
- We provide refreshments at music shows, drama performances and other school events.
- We run second-hand uniform sales, encouraging the reuse of good quality uniform and raising funds for the school at the same time.
- Our fundraising has bought in 2022-3: planters for outside Reception plus significant contributions to the Greening Cheney project, as well as books for the summer school. In recent years we have funded a grand piano, a new sound system for the Assembly Hall, a wood-turning lathe, books for the Library’s Book Canon, rowing blades for Cheney Falcon Rowing Club, an outdoor water-refill station – and much more!
Our meetings are held once every full term, with an AGM in November, and we are always keen to see new faces (even virtually) and have fresh ideas.
Contact us at: email@example.com
As well as attending meeting, there are a number of other ways you can help us to support the school.
- Help us at an event or during a second-hand uniform sale
- Shop with any of the retailers listed on easyfundraising.org.uk, where we are listed as "Cheney School Association - Oxford, Headington", and a percentage of what you spend is passed to Cheney Friends, at no extra cost to you.
- You can raise funds for Cheney Friends by shopping with Amazon Smile, where you will find us listed as “Cheney School Association”Join us for a meeting - we meet every half term in the library
You can read recent minutes to find out more about what we do.