Our aims for school uniform at Cheney Shool are:
- All pupils at Cheney School identify with the school by being proud to wear the school uniform.
- Parents support the wearing of school uniform.
- The local community recognises our pupils.
- Students develop a sense of pride in the school and professionalism to prepare them for the world of work.
Benefits of have a school uniform are:
- The differences between pupils are reduced, which in turn reduces some of the causes of isolation and bullying
- Self esteen of particular groups of pupils may be improved
- Security is improved - it's easy to spot who does and does not belong to the school community
- Pupils feel a stronger sense of belinging and commitment to the school
- It improves the image of the school in the local community
- It creates sense of purpose within the school environment
Please note - we do allow students to wear shorts in the summer months and will re-circulate updated uniform guidelines next year.